Charité’s Alumni Community
The worldwide network of all current and former staff and students of Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
You are here:
Who and for whom?
- Are you currently involved in research at Charité, and would you like to remain in contact with members of the Faculty once the project has ended?
- Are you a former student of Charité and wondering how your degree course is taught today?
The program and services offered by Charité’s Alumni Network are aimed at anyone with links to Charité and/or its subsidiaries.
Regardless of whether you are a current student or a former member of staff, professor, lecturer, researcher or guest researcher: We are here to connect you with others!
Become a member of our international network and you too will be able to benefit from these contacts and our targeted programs!
What does Charité Alumni stand for?
- Judith Heepe, Nursing Director: “We are all familiar with the importance of rules and diagnoses in the clinical setting. The most important thing to understand, however, is how someone who finds themselves in a critical situation feels. Empathy is an elementary component of nursing. At Charité Alumni, the focus of attention is on the person. This also includes getting people to work together on joint projects, for instance through mentoring.”
- Dr. Helmar Wauer, Hospital Business Director: “For more than 300 years, physicians, nurses and many other professional groups have trained, worked, taught and treated patients at Charité. You too are (or were once) part of Charité and have had an active role in shaping the organization. Stay connected to your alma mater and become part of the Charité Alumni network.”
- Prof. Dr. Axel R. Pries, Dean: “We hope you feel connected to Charité and that you will maintain this connection. Perhaps you might even want to act as an ambassador of Charité. Only together do we live up to the motto which reflects Charité’s inherent diversity. In order to continue this beautiful tradition, let us remain in contact and stay updated via our Charité Alumni community. Use the opportunities offered to expand your network by meting new and interesting people. Let us remain ‘Together As One’.
- Jenny Wortha-Hoyer, Deputy Nursing Director: “Supporting young talent is as important in the field of nursing as it is in research. Including personal development measures as part of our Alumni services – whether this includes, for example, a keynote speech about your own professional success story or indirect careers guidance – enables us to work together to further enhance Berlin’s reputation for medical excellence.”
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Frei, Chief Medical Officer: “Even the name Charité evokes that unique focus on caring for others which permeates our science, research and teaching. People are at the heart of everything we do, and we are trying to pass on the positive spirit so perfectly embodied by Charité. Thanks to our Alumni Network, it is now your turn to reap the benefits – be it on a professional or personal level – from the contributions made by people who have dedicated their lives to compassion.”
- Prof. Dr. Christian Hagemeier, Vice Dean of Research (Preclinical Affairs): “Every year, Charité welcomes and says goodbye to large numbers of people who represent the top of their field; outstanding physicians and researchers who either have achieved or will go on to achieve remarkable results for our patients, innovation and medical progress. Our Charité Alumni community therefore combines past and current feats of innovations with a vision for the future.”
Charité is a highly diverse environment. Our Alumni Network includes individual groups for alumni, such as the Charité Alumni Club (an alumni society launched in 2003), the Alumni of the Institute of Health and Nursing Science (a network for nursing and therapy alumni), and the Alumni of the International Graduate Program for Medical Neurosciences. Please come back soon to find out more about our Network partners.